Prisoners Of Conscience Committee

Prisoners Of Conscience Committee
The Prisoners of Conscience Committee Founded by Chairman Fred Hampton, Jr. during the nine years he spent in prison in the 1990's.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day


 Dear Daddy: 

 This one's for you Man. Let the record reflect.

 From your Son with nothing but love & revolutionary respects.

 With you, no commercials for Gatorade juice, no Armani suits, nor nothing of the likes.

 For I sung the song to be Freedom Fighter like Fred, as opposed to wanting to be like Mike. 

 Although you weren't here, you were always there for me. I learned lessons from your legend on what a Man was supposed to be. 

When they played with my mail & I couldn't get to no phone,
During those hunger strikes & cold nights, I was never alone.
Like you, they say when I talk that I talk real fast & that I move my hands. 

We love the people, Oh! But will get up with that ass.
On the streets I always lent a ear when they spoke on Big Fred. 

And in prison I paid attention to what the old timers said. When they spoke on you, I seen that gleam in their eye. With just the mention of your name, I seen the demoralized get high!
No narcotics needed, in fact high off the people, as you always said. 

As a kid I came up looking forward to sideburns, fur hats & a nappy head.
From the colleges to the communities, from the parlors to the poolrooms. 

From the REAL Rainbow coalition to a Principled! Gang truce. 
In this struggle, you said you would pay the ultimate price. Anticipated prison & dedicated your life. 

Whenever the state slandered your name, Mama told me the truth. 
I know I pissed off plenty teachers when I wrote about you.

And that young Lady, your Grand baby, she sends you her love. 
She's a descendant of a Die hard & a blessing from above.

 Inquiring minds want to know; how does it feel to be sired by you?
 Being loved by the people & sweated by the you know WHO. 
 And if I could do it all over again, I would choose to be your son 
And by the way, that Lady you chose; Now Daddy that was the one. 

Copyright: Fred Hampton Jr.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!Sir: I Can Dig It Chair!!!!Revolutionary Love!with all due Respect Long Live Chairman Fred!Bpp state of iL!Free 'Em All!He The Chairman is like my Black Jesus okay!

    ReplyDelete